This is the second in a series of posts covering different things to do at #FarpointCon2020 for various attendee groups. If you’re a young fan age 12 and under, we’re glad you’re here and want you to enjoy playing and learning with us! Here are some suggestions for you on things to do during the convention. Places and times for these activities will be found on our convention schedule.
- Make a personalized Dice Bag when you visit Hal’s Gaming Oasis. It’s the perfect accessory for transporting your dice to and from gaming sessions.
- Visit the Video Game Lounge in our Marty’s Place Con Suite. Grab a snack in the suite and pick up a controller from our array of video game consoles to challenge friends or family.
- Create an original or learn to draw your favorite Pokemon with Art Way Alliance.
- Attend the Friday evening Movie Party – enjoy snacks, crafts, story time and a movie if that is more your speed than the convention Opening Ceremonies.
- Enjoy the Science Magic presentation where scientific principles come to life.
- Attend the Saturday evening Masquerade Costume Contest, or better yet join in as a contestant! There is a Young Fan category and all types of costumes are welcome.
- Visit our Dealer’s Room – there will be toys, books, games and more for fans of every age to find that perfect item.
- Check out the schedule of panels on favorite movies and television shows and attend the panel focusing on your favorite.
- Sing along with the Boogie Knights at their Saturday concert. Our favorite medieval troubadours return to raise their voices in merry melody.
- Learn how to (safely) duel your parent or siblings with the Wizarding Association of Non-Lethal Duelists (W.A.N.D.S.) on Sunday morning.
This is just a small selection of the many things to do at Farpoint Convention! Drop us a line after the convention and let us know what your favorite was. Maybe even suggest an activity for next year! Details on submitting a Programming Application for #FarpointCon2021 will be published in spring 2020.