Marc Okrand, professional linguist and creator of the Klingon language, will be chatting with fans and taking your questions on anything from working on Star Trek, creating languages, and translating Shakespeare into the original Klingon on Saturday 8/22/20 at 1:00 pm EDT! This event is part of the free Shore Leave 41.5 virtual program via Zoom – learn more at https://www.shore-leave.com/programming/schedule.htm.
Make a tax deductible donation to Farpoint Foundation
Please join #TeamFarpoint in welcoming Sean Gunn and Maisie Richardson-Sellers as our first celebrity guests for #FarpointCon2021!
Sean Gunn is known for his role as Kraglin in the Marvel Universe films Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. In addition to portraying Kraglin, Sean also provides on-set motion capture performance for Rocket Raccoon for the Marvel Cinematic Universe productions, working in both Guardians films, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame in this capacity. Gilmore Girls fans remember him as Kirk, one of the quirky townies of Stars Hollow.
Maisie Richardson-Sellers is a British actress known for her role as Amaya Jiwe/Vixen and Charlie on The CW superhero series Legends of Tomorrow. She has also played Eva Sinclair on The CW series The Originals, and a starring role as King Saul of Israel’s daughter Michal in the ABC Biblical series Of Kings and Prophets.
Convention membership tickets and hotel room reservations are available now here on our website. We look forward to seeing you at #FarpointCon2021 in February.
Make a tax deductible donation to Farpoint Foundation
FARPOINT CONVENTION 2021
Farpoint Convention is scheduled for February 19-21, 2021. The state of Maryland expects to be fully open for business operations and gatherings by this time. We will be working with the hotel to implement any changes to health and safety guidelines required by the state and/or county.
Our first #FarpointCon2021 celebrity guests will be announced Sunday 5/24/20. Keep your eyes on this website and our social media pages for updates.
#FarpointCon2021 membership tickets and hotel reservations are now being accepted; see links on our website.
We plan to work with our friends at ShoreLeave convention to develop virtual content and events in summer 2020 to encourage and entertain fandom while events are postponed. Keep your eyes on our sites and social media for updates.
We are pleased and proud to announce that our new nonprofit, FARPOINT FOUNDATION, has received our official 501(c)3 designation from the Internal Revenue Service. We will happily accept tax-deductible donations from the public and other organizations to further our efforts to support the creative arts in the fields of science fiction, fantasy, comics, horror, and anime. You can donate as part of your #FarpointCon2021 ticket purchase or separately at any time at the link above. Thank you for your past and current support.
We look forward to seeing you at #FarpointCon2021! Our attendees are the most important part of our event. Please send ideas and suggestions to us at contact@FarpointCon.com
Make a tax deductible contribution to FARPOINT FOUNDATION
Everyone on the Farpoint Convention 2020 committee and staff sends thanks to our guests, vendors and attendees for a wonderful weekend! We are very glad you were with us. Please take all precautions necessary to avoid the Coronavirus pandemic we are currently facing because we want to see everyone at Farpoint Convention 2021, to be held February 19-21, 2021 at the Delta Hotel by Marriott, Hunt Valley, MD. #FarpointCon2021
This is the fourth in a series of posts covering different things to do at #FarpointCon2020 for various attendee groups. If this is your first time attending Farpoint Convention, welcome! We’re glad you’re here and want you to enjoy yourself this weekend. Here are some suggestions for you on things to do during the convention. Places and times from there activities will be found on our convention schedule.
- Attend the Opening Ceremony on Friday evening. It starts with a Cocktail Party at 7:00 and there will be cash bars for drinks and food. The Food Bar wristband must be purchased before the program starts at our Registration desk. At 8:00, our hosts will introduce the 2020 Volker/McChesney Award for Service to Fandom winner, leading to a short live auction for our charities and ending with a performance by cabaret performer D’Manda Martini. Many of our guests and attendees will be there and it is a great chance to relax and make new friends.
- Attend the Saturday evening Masquerade Costume Contest, or better yet join in as a contestant! Entrants of all ages and costuming experience levels are welcome.
- Check out the schedule of panels on favorite movies and television shows and attend the panel focusing on your favorite.
- Attend the talk on NASA’s Artemis program to learn the latest plans for USA’s return to the Moon.
- Attend talks on Saturday or Sunday (or both) by our celebrity guests Penny Johnson Jerald, Anthony Montgomery and Mary Chieffo and visit them at their signing table for autographs.
- Grab a snack in our Marty’s Place Con Suite.
- Dance until you drop at our Ten Forward Party Saturday evening.
- Play a game or make a craft in Hal’s Place Gaming Oasis.
- Enjoy karaoke with the Pack Ratz on Friday evening.
- Visit the Art Show and Silent Auction, where you can pick up an original work or find that missing piece for your collection.
This is just a small selection of the many things to do at Farpoint Convention! Drop us a line after the convention and let us know what your favorite was. Maybe even suggest an activity for next year! Details on submitting a Programming Application for #FarpointCon2021 will be published in spring 2020.
Here is a list of upcoming deadlines to help you prepare for #FarpointCon2020, February 21-23, 2020 at the Delta Hotel by Marriott, Hunt Valley, MD.
1. The deadline for hotel room reservations at the convention rate is January 10, 2020. You can book your hotel rooms through our dedicated link.
2. The deadline for pre-registration for the convention is January 31, 2020. You can register online here.
3. We will once again be offering our member perk of 1 complimentary signature from the celebrity guest of your choice – 1 signature on Saturday and 1 on Sunday, meaning 3-day weekend members will receive 2 signatures over the weekend. Our author guests will be available at the Book Fair Friday evening, as well as at various times throughout the weekend with our performer guests at tables in the signing area. It’s a good idea to make a list of items you wish to bring with you to be signed. Right now, guests are taking cash only. We will update this information and the pricing very soon on our website.
4. Questions and suggestions are welcome and can be sent to us online via email or through our social media channels on Facebook (Farpoint Convention), Twitter (@FarpointCon), and Instagram (@FarpointCon). You can use our Farpoint27 Facebook event page to ask about particular events and/or to look for ride and room shares. We hope to see all of you this February. Thank you for your support!
Here’s your chance to contribute to our #FarpointCon2020 #Friday programming! Our friends at Castwave Studios will be bringing us Alternative Commentary 2K20 and they want you to help choose the classic film for their live riff. Make your choice by December 31, 2019 and mark your convention schedule to make sure you’re in the audience! Click on this link to find the poll on our Facebook Events Farpoint Con 27 page!
Please join us in welcoming Mary Chieffo, the actor behind Star Trek Discovery‘s Klingon High Chancellor L’Rell, to our Farpoint family of legendary guests! Mary will be joining already announced guests Penny Johnson Jerald from The Orville and Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek Enterprise for all 3 days of the convention.
Mary received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Juilliard in 2015, winning the Elizabeth Smith Voice and Speech Prize and the Saint-Denis Prize for “Outstanding Achievement and Leadership in Drama.” In her fourth year, she took on the title character in Erica Schmidt’s all-female Macbeth, reprising the role with Schmidt in 2016 for Seattle Repertory Theatre’s The Other Season. After portraying Iago in October 2015 for Harlem Shakespeare Festival’s all-female Othello, Mary participated in workshops of Lover, Beloved: An Evening With Carson McCullers—a one-woman show written by Grammy Award-winning Suzanne Vega and Tony- and Grammy Award-winning Duncan Sheik. She performed the piece at the Sherry Theatre in LA and at the Alley Theatre in Houston, TX in March and August of 2016. Mary stars as Jane in the upcoming webseries Digital Detox—a futuristic rendering of Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s short story The Yellow Wallpaper—opposite her fellow Juilliard classmate Justin Lawrence Barnes, directed by Amber Benson (Buffy The Vampire Slayer). Mary hopes to use her newfound Star Trek platform to bring about greater intersectional gender equality in front and behind the scenes in the entertainment industry and beyond. To that end, Mary is currently producing, writing, and starring in a feminist, gender, and color conscious Shakespeare adaptation alongside Viola Davis and Julius Tennon’s JuVee Productions. She is thrilled to reveal more details about the project soon!
Born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, Anthony Montgomery received a B.S. in Performance Theatre and Drama from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Early in his career, he guest starred on such shows as J.A.G., Charmed, Frasier and the Showtime original series, Resurrection Blvd. Anthony got his “big break” with a recurring role as George Auston on the WB television series, Popular.
In 2001, Anthony landed a series-regular role on Star Trek: Enterprise as Ensign Travis Mayweather. For the next four years, Anthony piloted Enterprise’s NXO1 into many adventures and into the hearts of loyal Star Trek fans around the world. Star Trek: Enterprise ended in 2005.
After taking time away from entertainment to focus on family, Anthony returned to acting in 2007, landing the lead role of Jay Brooks in the critically acclaimed independent feature film, I’m Through with White Girls (The Inevitable Undoing of Jay Brooks). The Romantic Comedy received 10 awards on the film festival circuit, including seven Audience Awards for Best Narrative Feature Film, before being acquired by Image Entertainment for national distribution.
Anthony pursued a different artistic interest and released his debut Hip Hop music album, A.T., in 2008. The album makes Anthony the first actor in the Star Trek franchise to release music in the Hip Hop genre. A.T. was distributed internationally through Universal Music Group, via Anthony’s German-based record label, AGR Television Records. Anthony continues to record and do live performances when his schedule permits.
In 2011, Anthony landed a role on the Daytime Television series, General Hospital, and was placed on contract with the show in 2015 as expert psychiatrist and government profiler Dr. Andre Maddox.
Anthony launched his own sci-fi franchise called Miles Away in April 2013, about a teenage boy who develops a superhuman ability, finds alien battle armor, partners with a shadowy organization to battle evil, allies with alien refugees and falls into an interstellar war as he explores his family’s dark past.
Learn more about Anthony Montgomery at his official site.
We are happy to announce that our contract for Farpoint Convention 27 has been signed with the Delta Hotel by Marriott Hunt Valley, MD and #FarpointCon2020 will be held February 21 – 23, 2020!
And for even more good news, our contract with the hotel allows us to offer sleeping room rates at the SAME price as 2018 and 2019 – $125/night before tax! The link to reserve your room will be posted shortly.
Pre-registration for #FarpointCon2020 will open in April 2019 after our budget is approved. We are already looking at potential guests for next year. If you have any thoughts, please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.