With a heavy heart, we must announce that Farpoint Convention 2021 will be a virtual event on Saturday and Sunday, February 20-21, 2021. This decision was reached after considering every option available to hold a live event safely. Unfortunately, the recent resurgence of the COVID-19 virus has compelled Maryland to move back to Phase 2 of the reopening plan. Indoor gatherings under Phase 2 have a recommended cap of 25 people, making an event of Farpoint’s scale impossible to stage safely as the health and safety of our staff, guests, and attendees is our primary concern. We know that this decision may have seemed inevitable in the face of this global pandemic, but it is no less heartbreaking.
Our online Farpoint Convention 2021 will be free for all and will utilize the Gather.Town online application. We are excited to utilize Gather.Town as it allows us to personalize a convention dashboard into a series of “rooms” to enter and exit as you attend panels, visit vendors and artists, and attend meetings. A schedule of events is being prepared and will be published closer to the event along with the link to our event and instructions on how to utilize the application.
Farpoint Convention 2022 will be held at the Delta Hotel by Marriott, Hunt Valley, MD on February 25-27, 2022. Maisie Richardson-Sellers from “Legends of Tomorrow” has already confirmed that she will join us in 2022. We are waiting to hear from Sean Gunn from “Guardians of the Galaxy” but hope he will also be able to participate. Convention ticket sales and hotel room reservations for 2022 will be available in Spring 2021.
Everyone at Farpoint Convention and Farpoint Foundation send best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season. Please stay safe so we can see you all again in 2022.
- ATTENDEES who have pre-registered for 2021 will be contacted for a decision on whether they wish to transfer their registration to 2022 or receive a refund
- HOTEL ROOM RESERVATIONS will be cancelled by the hotel and you will receive a confirmation of the cancellation separately from Marriott
- COSTUMERS/COSPLAYERS wishing to participate in our Virtual Masquerade should prepare to submit their entry video by late January 2021 with specific instructions posted to the Costuming/Cosplay page of our website and on social media as soon as possible
- GUESTS from our program tracks will be contacted about participating in our 2021 virtual convention and invite them to return in 2022
- ART SHOW pre-registrants for 2021 will be refunded their fees if already paid and receive information on participating in the 2021 online event
- DEALERS / VENDORS who have pre-registered for 2021 will be contacted for a decision on whether they wish to transfer their registration to 2022 or receive a refund and receive information on participating in the 2021 online event
- FAN CLUBS and CONVENTIONS interested in holding meetings or setting up a virtual table in the 2021 online event should contact us no later than January 15, 2021 to request space