We’ll be gathering together next week at the Delta Hotel by Marriott Hunt Valley in ONE WEEK for our 2023 Farpoint Fandom Family House Party! Below are answers to the 2 most asked questions that occur this time of year:
A: YES! All ticket types will be available at the door and will include the perks of one complimentary signature from the celebrity guest of your choice on Saturday and/or Sunday (2 total for weekend members, 1 total on single day of attendance) AND access to over 200 hours of activities throughout the weekend. Ticket pricing is shown below.
Make a tax deductible donation to Farpoint Foundation
#FarpointCon2023 will be held February 10-12, 2023 at the Delta Hotel by Marriott in Hunt Valley, MD. Room reservations can be made now using this link from our website. Tickets will be available beginning Memorial Day weekend 2023.
Wilson Cruz fulfills his promise after the 2022 scheduling snafu. We are pleased to welcome the accomplished actor who is known as Dr. Hugh Culber in Star Trek: Discovery! He also can be seen on the Netflix series, Thirteen Reasons Why, playing the role of ‘Dennis Vasquez.’ Early in his career, Wilson won the hearts of audiences playing ‘Rickie Vasquez’ on MY SO CALLED LIFE. It was the first openly gay teenager role to air on network television.
Wilson’s theater accolades include his portrayal of the critically acclaimed role of Angel in the Broadway and West Coast premiere productions of the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning musical RENT. His portrayal earned him the Los Angeles Ovation Award and Dramalogue Award. He also starred in Tick, Tick, BOOM! at the Westport Country Playhouse, West Coast Premiere, and its first National Tour.
On the frontlines of LGBT advocacy, Wilson Cruz recently served as the Director of Entertainment Industry Partnerships and as National Spokesperson for GLAAD, the nation’s leading LGBT media advocacy organization. Wilson also wrote and is executive producing a six-part docuseries, OUT OF THE BOX: HOW AMERICA CAME OUT ON TV.
We have updated the Register page website to include at the door pricing. As of 2/22/22, weekend and daily tickets will be available at the door, although the Saturday Only tickets are in shortest supply. Tickets are purchased at our Registration desk on the lower level of the hotel convention center.
If you have tickets, here is where to pick up your badges. We have modified distribution locations to reduce lines as part of our pandemic safety procedures:
– Attendees: at the Registration desk by the escalator on the lower level of the hotel convention center
– Guests/Press: at Con Ops in the Pimlico room on the lower level of the hotel convention center
– Committee/Staff: at the Information desk by the escalator on the upper level of the hotel convention center
– Lifetime Members: go to the station that reflects your status as an Attendee, Committee/Staff, Guest, etc. for your badge
We have extended the pre-registration deadline for #FarpointCon2022 to February 21, 2022 in response to the late changes to our guest lineup. Buy your tickets online or you can use the registration form to mail in your order.
Our #FarpointCon2022 COVID Guidance has been updated as of 1/25/22 and can be found on the Rules and Policy page of our website. Steven H. Wilson, our Founder and Deputy Chair, has written about the background of our decision-making process to develop this guidance on his blog. We are sharing his post here as well for your information.
The changes since publication of our initial COVID Guidance are as follows:
We have updated information on masking to include the CDC and Maryland recommendations to use N95 or KN95 masks for enhanced protection. Farpoint will have a supply of these masks on hand to provide upon request to attendees.
If you are seen without a mask in the convention area, you will be offered a mask and given one warning to comply with the mask requirement. Continuing to not wear a mask after one warning will result in removal from the convention for the remainder of the weekend with no refund.
We are limiting daily attendance to 1000 people per day (half of the venue capacity) to maximize social distancing. We will be reserving a portion of the day’s tickets for our walk-in attendees to purchase at the door and will make an announcement each morning to confirm the availability of tickets at the door. You are encouraged to purchase your ticket in advance to ensure availability.
Seating in panel rooms will be adjusted for social distancing. This will include the Game Room and Con Suite. If the room does not have an available seat, you must wait for one to become available.
Please go to our Rules and Policy page to read our COVID Guidance and all other convention policies in their entirety.
In honor of our table at the virtual ShoreLeave Convention this weekend, we will be absorbing the EventBrite processing fees for #FarpointCon22 tickets sold this weekend! Register for our event today through Sunday 7/11/21 to take advantage of this sale!
Here is a list of upcoming deadlines to help you prepare for #FarpointCon2020, February 21-23, 2020 at the Delta Hotel by Marriott, Hunt Valley, MD.
1. The deadline for hotel room reservations at the convention rate is January 10, 2020. You can book your hotel rooms through our dedicated link.
2. The deadline for pre-registration for the convention is January 31, 2020. You can register online here.
3. We will once again be offering our member perk of 1 complimentary signature from the celebrity guest of your choice – 1 signature on Saturday and 1 on Sunday, meaning 3-day weekend members will receive 2 signatures over the weekend. Our author guests will be available at the Book Fair Friday evening, as well as at various times throughout the weekend with our performer guests at tables in the signing area. It’s a good idea to make a list of items you wish to bring with you to be signed. Right now, guests are taking cash only. We will update this information and the pricing very soon on our website.
4. Questions and suggestions are welcome and can be sent to us online via email or through our social media channels on Facebook (Farpoint Convention), Twitter (@FarpointCon), and Instagram (@FarpointCon). You can use our Farpoint27 Facebook event page to ask about particular events and/or to look for ride and room shares. We hope to see all of you this February. Thank you for your support!